- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Place the whole red peppers on a baking tray and roast for around 20-30 minutes
- Once the peppers are soft and lightly charred, remove them from the oven and place on a plate and cover them with cling film
- Simultaneously, heat oil in a saucepan and cook the onion and garlic over medium-low heat for 10 minutes
- Cook them until soft and translucent and set aside
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, remove the stalk, seeds and skins from the peppers
- Chop the flesh into small pieces and add them to the onion and garlic
- Return the pan to a medium heat and mix well to break down the pepper even more
- After that, add the vegetable stock and tomato puree into the pan
- Season with the black pepper and bring to a simmer
- Simmer the mixture gently for 10 minutes with regular stirring
- Add the spinach and parsley into the pan and cook for a further few minutes
- Serve this delicious roasted red pepper soup hot and topped with cream or grated cheese
Check out other great recipes here!
Follow us on Instagram for more recipes, nutritional information and other great content!